Franklin Electric Warranty “Layman’s” Edition
General Warranty Info: Defective products generally covered up to 12 months after installation or 24 months from manufacture, whichever comes first.
Extended Warranty Info: Franklin Electric products sold via the internet do not qualify for key dealer program terms (includes extended warranty).
Extended Warranty applicable to products purchased from an authorized key dealer, products sold via the internet do not qualify.
R.C. Worst & Co. Inc. is a Franklin Electric Approved Key Dealer.
|4" Standard Capacity Pumps/Pump Ends||60 months/66months(1)|
|4" High Capacity Pump Ends||60 months/66 months (1)|
|SubDrive QuickPAK Systems||PMA 60 months/66 months - Drive 24/36 months (2)|
|Inline Constant Pressure Systems||36 months (3)|
|6" High Capacity Pump Ends||36 months (4)|
|Sub Turbines and SR Series||36 months (4)|
|Jet Pumps||36 months|
|Sump, Sewage, Effluent Pumps and HHFE||36 months|
|End Suction Centrifugals up to 2 hp||36 months (5)|
(1) 5 Years (60 months) from date of installation of 66 months from manufacture date code, whichever occurs first. Must be installed with Franklin Electric pump end and Franklin Electric control box or SubDrive. Otherwise, the Key Dealer receives a 36-month warranty from manufacture date code.(2) Pump and Motor - 5 years (60 months) from date of installation or 66 months from manufacture date code, whichever occurs first. Drive - 24 months from date of installation and 36 months from manufacture date code. Abrasive damage is not covered.(3) Key Dealer extended warranty is 24 months from date of installation, not extended 36 months from manufacture date code(4) Only when installed with a Franklin Electric motor.(5) Not to include FPS Irrigation & Industrial Surface catalog products.
Motors, Drives, and Controls
|up to 1.5 hp||2 to 5 hp||7.5 hp||10 hp||15 hp||20 to 200 hp|
|4" Motors||60 months||60 months (6)||60 months (6)||60 months (6)||36 months (7)|
|Single-Phase Control Boxes||36 months||36 months||36 months||36 months||36 months|
|SubDrive/MonoDrive/P-Drive||36 months||36 months||36 months||36 months||36 months||36 months|
|Single-Phase Protection||36 months||36 months|
|6" Three-Phase Motors w/ Franklin Electric Control||36 months (7)||36 months (7)||36 months (7)||36 months (7)||36 months (7)|
|8" Motors w/ Franklin Electric Control||36 months (7)|
|Three-Phase Panels||36 months||36 months||36 months||36 months||36 months|
|Three-Phase Protection||36 months||36 months||36 months||36 months||36 months|
Products such as Severe Service, CBM, 316SS and Oil Stripper do not have a warranty period due to the extreme nature of the installations.(6) Only when installed with a Franklin Electric control box, SubMonitor or Franklin Electric SubDrive family system. Otherwise, 60/66 month warranty from manufacture date code applies. Anything greater than 36 months from manufacture date code must be returned for warranty analysis.(7) Key Dealer extended warranty is 36 months from date of installation, but in no event exceed 48 months from the date of manufacture, when installed with a new Franklin Electric SubMonitor, Franklin Electric drive system or Franklin Electric IPS Pump Starter, based on properly set perameters and completed Key Dealer warranty registration submitted within 30 days of installation. Otherwise, a 12-month warranty from date of installation or for 24 months from the date of manufacture, whichever occurs first, in accordance with Franklin Electric Limited Warranty policy, will apply.
Key Dealer Extended Warranty Requirements
1. Dealer must be registered in the Franklin Electric Key Dealer Program when eligible products are purchased
6. Four-inch single phase,3-wire Franklin Electric motors must be used with Franklin Electric control boxes or SubDrive systems. Six-inch single-phase motors do not qualify.
2. All warranty claims must be submitted to, and processed through, an authorized Franklin Electric distributor.
7. For clean water applications only (excluding sewage and effluent pumps.) Four-inch Sand Fighter, coalbed methane and other specialty motors are not covered by this program.
3. Extended warranty period is measured from manufacture date on the product unless noted above.
8. Warranty valid in USA and Canada only.
4. Extended warranty only covers defects in materials and workmanship and does not apply to any product that has been subject to negligence, misapplication, improper installation or maintenance. The motor, pump and controls must be installed according to Franklin Electric recommendations fround in the AIM Manual. Franklin Electric reserves the ruight to void warranty if it is determines that well conditions or the application of the product caused the equioment failure. Some examples of motor/pump/control failures that are not covered under this policy include, but are not limited to: top feeding wells without a motor flow sleeve, water hammer, electrical surges, lighting improper control setting and up thrust. Refer to the Franklin Electric Limited Warranty statement and Field Reference Guide for additional details.
9. Replacement products provided under the Extended Warranty policy shall have a warranty period for balance of remaining warranty of the original product sold to the registered Franklin Electric Key Dealer.
5. Franklin Electric reserves the right to warrant and replace only the defective part or assembly component. Warranty does not apply to items that may need to be replaced under normal wear: pump shaft seals, capacitors, pressure switches, etc.
10. Franklin Electric products sold via the internet or any other non-authorized source do not qualify for Key Dealer program terms.
THIS WARRANTY SETS FORTH THE COMPANY’S SOLE OBLIGATION AND PURCHASER’S EXCLUSIVE REMEDYFOR DEFECTIVE PRODUCT.
Franklin Electric Company, Inc. and its subsidiaries (hereafter “the Company”) warrants that the products accompanied by this warranty are free from defects in material or workmanship of the Company. The Company has the right to inspect any product returned under warranty to confirm that the product contains a defect in material or workmanship. The Company shall have the sole right to choose whether to repair or replace defective equipment, parts, or components. The buyer should return the product to the place of purchase for warranty consideration. Subject to the terms and conditions listed below, the Company will repair or replace to the buyer any portion of this product which proves defective due to materials or workmanship of the Company. The Company will consider products for warranty for 12 months from the date of installation or for 24 months from thedate of manufacture, whichever occurs first.The Company shall IN NO EVENT be responsible or liable for the cost of field labor or other charges incurred by any customer in removing and/or affixing any product, part or component thereof.The Company reserves the right to change or improve its products or any portions thereof without being obligated to provide such change or improvement to previously sold products.THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY TO products damaged by acts of God, including lightning, normal wear and tear, normal maintenance services and the parts used in connection with such service, or any other conditions beyond the control of the Company.THIS WARRANTY WILL IMMEDIATELY VOID if any of the following conditions are found:1. Product is used for purposes other than those for which it was designed and manufactured;2. Product was not installed in accordance with applicable codes, ordinances and good trade practices;3. Product was not installed by a Franklin Certified Contractor or Franklin Key Dealer; or4. Product was damaged as a result of negligence, abuse, accident, misapplication, tampering, alteration, improper installation, operation, maintenance or storage, nor to an excess of recommended maximums as set forth in the product instructions.NEITHER SELLER NOR THE COMPANY SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST SALES, INJURY TO PERSON OR PROPERTY, OR ANY OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS), ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT, AND THE BUYER AGREES THAT NO OTHER REMEDY SHALL BE AVAILABLE TO IT.THE WARRANTY AND REMEDY DESCRIBED IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS AN EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY AND REMEDY AND IS IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTY OR REMEDY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHICH OTHER WARRANTIES AND REMEDIES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TO THE EXTENT EITHER APPLIES TO A PRODUCT SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE PERIODS OF THE EXPRESSED WARRANTIES GIVEN ABOVE.DISCLAIMER: Any oral statements about the product made by the seller, the Company, the representatives or any other parties, do not constitute warranties, shall not be relied upon by the buyer, and are not part of the contract for sale. Seller’s and the Company’s only obligation, and buyer’s only remedy, shall be the replacement and/or repair by the Company of the product as described above. Before using, the user shall determine the suitability of the product for his intended use, and user assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith. Some states and countries do not allow the exclusion or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion or limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state and country to country.*Contact Franklin Electric Co., Inc. Export Division for International Warranty.