Franklin Electric 6" Submersible Motors
Franklin’s 6-inch, 5-hp submersible pump motors are built for dependable operation in 6” diameter or larger water wells requiring high flow rates or deeper installations. These motors are tough, built to last, and come in a variety of construction options: Standard – for most water wells, Sand Fighter™ - for wells with high levels of abrasives, Hi-Temp – for hot water and other harsh conditions and Stainless Steel – for aggressive water.
Franklin Electric 6" Submersible Motors Application Data
These 5-hp submersible pump motors are built for dependable operation in 6-inch diameter or larger water wells. Temperature and time ratings are continuous in 86 °F (30 °C) water at 1/2 ft./sec. flow past the motor. Rotation: single-phase, CCW facing shaft end; three-phase, electrically reversible. Typical applications include: Agricultural, Municipal, Industrial, Mining, Booster, Reverse Osmosis, Oil & Gas.
Franklin Electric 6" Submersible Motors Basic Features
- Double Flanged NEMA Mounting Design
- Stainless Steel Splined Shaft
- StatorShield Franklin's Six Feature Encapsulation System
- High Capacity Kingsbury Type Water Lubricated Thrust Bearing
- Factory Filled with Franklin's Non-Toxic Water Soluble Fill Solution
- Field Replaceable Lead using Franklin's Exclusive Water Bloc™ Technology
- Full 3450 RPM 60 Hz Design Point
- External Sand Slinger on Shaft
- Mechanical Face Seal at Shaft Exit
- Copper Bar Rotor
- All Models Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) Approved
- Single-Phase Models must be used with a Franklin Electric Control Box
- Sand Fighter™ Models are Equipped with:
- Franklin's Exclusive Sand Fighter Sealing System for Sand or other Abrasives Well Water.
- Franklin's Exclusive on Winding SubTrol Heat Sensor for use with SubMonitor™.
Franklin Electric 6" Submersible Motor Specifications
- HERTZ: 60 Hz
- HORSE POWER: 5.0 HP
- VOLTAGE: 230 V
- PHASE: 1 PH
- RPM: 3450 RPM
- SERVICE FACTOR: 1.15
- POLES: 2
- MAX AMBIENT TEMP: 86°F/30°C
- DUTY RATING: Continuous
- CONSTRUCTION: Sand Fighter
- LENGTH (inches): 26"
- STATOR SHELL: 301 SS
- SHAFT EXTENSION: 303 SS
- SLINGER: Nitrile Rubber
- LEADS: 3
- LEAD WIRE (or Cable): XLPE
- LEAD POTTING: Epoxy
- LEAD JAM NUT: Brass
- DIAPHRAM: Nitrile Rubber
- DIAPHRAM COVER: 304 SS
- DIAPHRAM SPRING: 302 SS
- FILTER: Delrin & Polyester
- INSULATION: Class F
Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Franklin Electric Warranty
Franklin Electric Warranty “Layman’s” Edition
General Warranty Info: Defective products generally covered up to 12 months after installation or 24 months from manufacture, whichever comes first.