The high quality, economical, quarter-turn shut of valve is designed
for irrigation, pool and spa applications. Available in PVC white or
CPVC gray, IPS sizes 1/2" through 6" with choice of either socket or
threaded (up 2-1/2") end connectors.
Spears PVC Utility Ball Valve Features
Not For Use With Compressed Air or Gas
- PVC or CPVC construction never rust, scale or pit, providing
exceptional chemical and corrosion resistance.
- Spears PTFE floating seat design reduces seat wear for extended valve
life, smooth operation, and bubble-tight shut-off. 100% factory tested.
- High grade abrasion resistant EPDM elastomer o-rings for optimum
- High impact Polypropylene handle features double stop enhagement and
exhibits an excellent resistance to most chemical environments.
- Full Schedule 80 Bore virtually eliminates pressure drop, providing
- Equipped with Spears high strength Safe-T-Shear stem developed to help
prevent line fluids from leaving out in the event of ball valve stem
damage. Engineered for high strength, the stem encorporates a special shear
point to contrl accidental breakage. Over torquing breaks occur above the
stem o-ring leaving the seal intact until replacement can be made.
- Pressure rates to 150 PSI for water at 73°F.
- Certified for potable water use by NSF International.
Spears Manufacturing Engineering Specifications
All thermoplastic ball valves shall be Utility sealed unit type
produced from PVC Type I ASTM D1784 Cell Classification 12454 or CPVE
Type IV, ASTM D1784 Cell Classification 23447. All O-rings shall be
EPDM. All valves shall bave Safe-T-Shear stem and double stop
Polypropylene handle. All valves shall be certified for potible water
use by NSF International. All valves shall be pressure rated to 150 PST
for water at 73°F, as manufactured by Spears Manudacturing Company.
Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov