Myers Model WG20/WGX20 Submersible Grinder Description
The Myers WG20/WGX20 are rugged 2 horsepower submersible centrifugal grinder pumps designed for residential, light commercial, industrial or municipal applications. They are especially designed for grinder pump applications requiring high flows at low to moderate heads. The WG20/WGX20 features a recessed impeller design to efficiently grind typical domestic sewage solids into a
. These pumps are available in standard construction and construction for
use in Class 1, Group D hazardous locations.
Myers Model WG20/WGX20 Submersible Grinder Typical Application
- Light Commercial
- Industrial and Municipal Applications
Myers Model WG20/WGX20 Submersible Grinder Superior Features
- Stator-2 HP, 3450 RPM, 1 and 3 Phase. Press Fit for Perfect Alignment and Best Heat Transfer. Oil-Filled Motor Conducts Heat and Lubricate Bearings.
- Cable Entry System Provides Double Seal Protection. Cable Jacket Sealed by Compression Fitting. Individual Wires Sealed by Epoxy Potting.
- Heat Sensor Protects Motor from Burnout Due to Excessive Heat from Any Overload Condition. Automatically Resets when Motor has Cooled.
- Ball Bearings Upper and Lower Ball Bearings Support Shaft and Rotor and Take Axial and Radial Loads.
- Heavy 416 SST Shaft Corrosion Resistant. Reduces Shaft Deflection Due to Grinding Loads.
- Shaft Seals Double Tandem Mechanical Shaft Seals Protect Motor. Oil-Filled Seal Chamber Provides Continuous Lubrication.
- Seal Leak Probe Detects Water in Seal Housing; Activates Warning Light in Control Panel.
- Volute Case Cast Iron, 1¼" NPT Vertical Discharge.
- Impeller SST Recessed Impeller Handles Ground Slurry Without Clogging or Binding. Provides Unobstructed Flow Passage. Reduces Radial Loads. Pump-Out Vanes Help Keep Trash from Seal, Reduces Pressure at Seal Faces.
- Sleeve Bearing Takes Radial Load; Provides Flame Path.
- Grinder Assembly Grinder Impeller and Shredding Ring are Replaceable without Dismantling Pump. Constructed of 440 SST Hardened to 56-60 Rockwell.
Myers WGX20-23 Hazardous Submersible Grinder Technical Details
- VOLTAGE: 3ø, 230V, 60Hz
- HORSEPOWER: 2.0 HP
- AMP DRAW (full load): 8.4
- MOTOR TYPE: Oil-Filled for Maximum Heat Dissipation and Constant Bearing Lubrication
- RPM: 3450
- MAXIMUM HEAD: up to 105'
- MAXIMUM CAPACITY: up to 45 GPM
- SWITCH TYPE: Manual
- MINIMUM SUMP DIAMETER: Simplex; 24" Duplex; 36"
- DISCHARGE PIPE SIZE: 1-1/4" NPT Vertical
- IMPELLER TYPE: SST, Recessed
- CORD SIZE: 14-4
- BODY CONSTRUCTION: Cast Iron
- MAXIMUM LIQUID TEMPERATURE: 140°F (60°C)
- HAZARDOUS DUTY: UL Listed for Use in Class 1, Division 1, Group D
- CONTROL BOX REQUIRED
Myers Model WG20/WGX20 Submersible Grinder Pump Curve
Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
STANDARD LIMITED WARRANTY
Pentair Myers® warrants its products against defects in material and workmanship for a period of 12 months from the
date of shipment from Pentair Myers or 18 months from the manufacturing date, whichever occurs first – provided
that such products are used in compliance with the requirements of the Pentair Myers catalog and technical manuals
for use in pumping raw sewage, municipal wastewater or similar, abrasive-free, noncorrosive liquids.
During the warranty period and subject to the conditions set forth, Pentair Myers, at its discretion, will repair or
replace to the original user, the parts that prove defective in materials and workmanship. Pentair Myers reserves the
right to change or improve its products or any portions thereof without being obligated to provide such a change or
improvement for prior sold and/or shipped units.
Start-up reports and electrical schematics may be required to support warranty claims. Submit at the time of startup
through the Pentair Myers website: http://forms.pentairliterature.com/startupform/startupform.asp?type=m.
Warranty is effective only if Pentair Myers authorized control panels are used. All seal fail and heat sensing devices
must be hooked up, functional and monitored or this warranty will be void. Pentair Myers will cover only the lower
seal and labor thereof for all dual seal pumps. Under no circumstance will Pentair Myers be responsible for the cost
of field labor, travel expenses, rented equipment, removal/reinstallation costs or freight expenses to and from the
factory or an authorized Pentair Myers service facility.
This limited warranty will not apply: (a) to defects or malfunctions resulting from failure to properly install, operate or
maintain the unit in accordance with the printed instructions provided; (b) to failures resulting from abuse, accident
or negligence; (c) to normal maintenance services and parts used in connection with such service; (d) to units that
are not installed in accordance with applicable local codes, ordinances and good trade practices; (e) if the unit is
moved from its original installation location; (f) if unit is used for purposes other than for what it is designed and
manufactured; (g) to any unit that has been repaired or altered by anyone other than Pentair Myers or an authorized
Pentair Myers service provider; (h) to any unit that has been repaired using non factory specified/OEM parts.
Warranty Exclusions: PENTAIR MYERS MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT EXTEND BEYOND
THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF. PENTAIR MYERS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES
OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Liability Limitation: IN NO EVENT SHALL PENTAIR MYERS BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL,
INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM OR RELATED IN ANY MANNER TO ANY PENTAIR MYERS
PRODUCT OR PARTS THEREOF. PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE MAY RESULT FROM IMPROPER
INSTALLATION. PENTAIR MYERS DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY, INCLUDING LIABILITY UNDER THIS WARRANTY, FOR
IMPROPER INSTALLATION. PENTAIR MYERS RECOMMENDS INSTALLATION BY PROFESSIONALS.
Some states do not permit some or all of the above warranty limitations or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or
consequential damages and therefore such limitations may not apply to you. No warranties or representations at any
time made by any representatives of Pentair Myers shall vary or expand the provision hereof.